New Queens educational leader ready to tackle issues, Queens youth leader tapped for city wide post & Thursday events
Thursday, February 20th
Alternate side parking rules are suspended. meters still in effect.
• More violence has erupted in Ukraine as a truce between protesters and police fell apart yesterday and 19 people were killed.
• Because of the snow days, official holidays and the government shutdown, U.S. government employees have shuttered their offices for 27 of the 105 weekdays sinceOctober 1st.
• Members of the Russian punk band Pussy Riot were assaulted by the Cossack militia at the Sochi Olympics and were literally whipped in the street.
St. Stan’s Rosary Alter Society Annual Champagne Brunch Sun. Mar 30th 12PMDelicious Food, Great Prizes – Unlimited Champagne! Tickets ($17.00) must be purchased by 3/20. Call Charlie 718-326-2185 St. Stanislaus Kostka School 57-15 61stSt, Maspeth
• The new Queens representative on the Panel for Educational Policy, Deborah Dillingham, is ready to bring change to education across the borough.
• Queens youth leader Udai Tambar, is set to become the city’s new Director of Children and Youth Services.
• Wood from the storm-battered Rockaway boardwalk is being used to piece together a 21/2-mile section of the boardwalk.
• Jimmy Fallon takes on R. Kelly in his second night on the Tonight Show.
• Batman prequel T.V. show “Gotham” will feature Jada Pinkett Smith.
• Cuomo wants prisoners educated.
• Should NYC crack down on people not shoveling.
• Nets topped the Jazz 105-99. Check the recap here.
• Knicks defeated New Orleans 98-91. Check the recap here.
An American in Paris Sat Feb 22nd 4:00PM Story of a painter struggling to make ends meet in the City of Light. Part of the SEE IT BIG! Series @ The Museum of The Moving Image 36-01 35th Avenue, Astoria 718-784-0077
• Latest news- Google is bringing its new NYC location to 10th Ave.
• For sale – Ridgewood – Solid brick two family home, located in the heart of Ridgewood. Near shopping, and transportation. Six rooms of five, with basement and private yard. Asking $699,000.
Crifasi Real Estate
• For sale – Maspeth – One family home that features six spacious 2nd Fl rooms, large living room, queen size master bedroom, modern kitchen, and shared yard. Dishwasher hook up available. Asking $1,800.
Eliot Hill Realty 718-672-4444
• Sold - A multi-family home, located at 33-57 164 St. Flushing, for for $835,100.
• More test-tube babies were born in the U.S in 2012 than ever before.
• Researchers say the number of chemicals known to be toxic to children’s developing brains has doubled over the last seven years.
• Forest Hills – 6 p.m. – Learn beginners Chinese with Lin San . North Forest Park Library. 98-27 Metropolitan Ave.