Wednesday, March 29
• Mostly sunny with a high of 61.
• Trump signed an executive order that will dismantle Obama-era climate change policies.
• Congress voted to repeal Internet privacy protections that were approved by the FCC under the Obama administration.
• A Manhattan judge upheld a year-long rent freeze, tossing out a lawsuit brought on by objecting landlords.
Unchained Wed Mar 29th 9pm The Ultimate Tribute to The Mighty Van Halen! Bar 360 @ Resorts World Casino, 110-00 Rockaway Blvd, Jamaica
If you are interested in advertising in the Newsticker, click here.
• A union leader is criticizing City Hall after violence erupted several times at Richmond Hill High School.
• Local leaders and residents celebrated the 375th birthday of Maspeth.
• A sewer upgrade project in Rosedale is aiming to end constant flooding problems in the neighborhood.
• An appeals court denied former Brooklyn Senator John Sampson his last-ditch effort to avoid prison.
• Governor Cuomo and state legislators are still in negotiations for a budget as the Friday deadline looms.
• A 40th anniversary reunion of “Grease” is now in the works.
• Harry Styles will make his solo debut on “Saturday Night Live,” featuring host Jimmy Fallon.
• In 1973 U.S. withdraws from Vietnam
• In 1918 Founder/CEO of Wal-Mart Sam Walton is born in Kingfisher, Oklahoma
• The Daily News says James Jackson’s racist killing is a terrorist act that deserves the maximum punishment.
• The Post says Trump’s energy executive action won’t doom the planet because Obama’s policies weren’t saving it either.
In the Blogs
• A senior center in Maspeth honored the local councilwoman earlier this month.
• A Korean American group is launching a public service announcement about victims’ rights.
Trending in New York
• Hillary Clinton
• The Nets (16-58) fell to the Philadelphia 76ers, 106-101.
• The Rangers (46-26-5) lost to the San Jose Sharks in overtime, 5-4.
• The Knicks (28-46) host the Miami Heat at MSG. Tip-off is at 7:30 p.m.
Visit NYDiscountTickets.com for the best prices on sports, concerts & movies.
Woodhaven Historical Society Lecture Wed Mar 29th 1pm Woodhaven nativeRaymond Berke, a retired NYPD Detective, will be the special guest. Emanuel United Church of Christ, 91st St & Woodhaven Blvd, Woodhaven
• Circle F Capital filed plans for an 11-story, 71-unit mixed-use development near 5Pointz in LIC.
• For Sale – Glendale – One family home – Move In Ready! 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, lots of closet space, stand up attic. Finished basement, washer/dryer, workshop. Deck off kitchen, backyard, driveway, 1 car garage. Asking $749,000 CB Kueber Realty 718-628-0100
• For Sale – Middle Village – Two family detached home on 25×100 lot. 4 bedrooms over 2 bedrooms, full attic & basement. Asking $829,000 Pirillo Realty 718-418-9500
• Sold – Woodhaven – A six-bedroom, three-bedroom, 2,500-square-foot house at 100-16 88th Avenue for $750,000. Zillow.
• Consumer confidence in the country unexpectedly surged to a 16-year high.
• Ford announced plans to invest $1.2 billion in three plants, including creating the new Ford Ranger and Ford Bronco.
• Sunnyside – Noon – Spring on Skillman: Restaurant Week.
• LIC – 12:30 p.m. – Mayor Bill de Blasio makes an announcement on criminal justice. Fortune Society, 29-76 Northern Blvd.
• Corona - 2 to 5 p.m. – Spring Film Series: Victim (1961). Queens Theatre, NYC Building, Flushing Meadows Corona Park.
• Corona – 5:30 p.m. – Mayor de Blasio and Councilwoman Julissa Ferreras-Copeland tour Louis Armstrong House Museum. 34-56 107th St.
• Elmhurst – 6:30 p.m. – NYC Health + Hospitals host immigrant health care rights forum. Elmhurst Hospital, 79-01 Broadway.
• Corona – 7 p.m. – Mayor de Blasio hosts town hall meeting. IS 61 Leonardo Da Vinci, 98-50 50th Ave.
• Ozone Park – 7 p.m. – Broadway Show Tunes. RSVP Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, 101-41 91st Street
• Richmond Hill – 7 p.m. – Richmond Hill Block Association meeting w/ The Richmond Hill Historic Society. 110-08 Jamaica Ave.
• Flushing - 7:15 p.m. – Flushing Camera Club. Flushing Hospital, 146-01 45th Avenue, 5th Floor
• Jamaica – 9 p.m. – Unchained: A Van Halen Tribute! Resorts World Casino NYC, 110-00 Rockaway Blvd.