Tuesday, April 18
Alternate side parking is suspended for Passover. Meters are in effect.
• Sunny with a high of 62 degrees.
• Authorities have issued a $50,000 reward as they search for the suspect wanted in connection with a killing broadcast on Facebook.
• Georgia voters will go to the polls today to fill a vacant congressional seat.
• The man that killed five people in a Washington state mall last year was found dead in his jail cell.
Celebrate Earth Day @ The Castle Tues Apr 18th 10am-12pm Create characters from recycled materials, make a mask to use in a skit or take part in an interactive read-aloud. For ages 4-12. $5 Bayside Historical Society, 208 Totten Avenue RSVP – 718-352-1548
If you are interested in advertising in the Newsticker, click here.
• A Sikh taxi driver from Queens was assaulted and had his turban ripped off by a drunken passenger.
• Two were seriously injured when a car struck a truck in southeast Queens.
• Rents near popular Queens subway stops have risen dramatically according to a new report.
• A Queens lawmaker wants state funding for Planned Parenthood in case federal money is pulled.
• Melissa DeRosa was named the state’s first female secretary to the governor.
• None of the painkillers found in Prince’s home were prescribed to him, new court documents reveal.
• Knicks superstar Carmelo Anthony and wife La La are reportedly splitting up.
• In 2012 Dick Clark, host of “American Bandstand” and “New Year’s Rockin’ Eve,” dies
• In 1963 late night TV host Conan O’Brien is born in Brookline, Massachusetts
• It’s April 18, so the NY Daily News wonders: where are President Donald Trump’s tax returns?
• Don’t be surprised when Governor Andrew Cuomo doesn’t push ethics reform, the NY Post says.
In the Blogs
• Celebrate the four year anniversary of Ridgewood Market.
• Mayor Bill de Blasio took the maiden voyage on the NYC Ferry.
Trending in New York
• The Mets (7-6) are hosting the Phillies at 7:05 p.m.
• The Yankees (9-4) won their eighth in a row with a 7-4 victory over the White Sox. They continue their series with the White Sox at home at 7:05 p.m.
• The Rangers (1-2) are hosting the Montreal Canadiens at home for game four of their first round series. Puck drop is 7 p.m.
Visit NYDiscountTickets.com for the best prices on sports, concerts & movies.
MiQ: Made in Queens Apr 9th – May 6th Mon-Fri 12-4pm & 6-10pm, Sat 12-10pm, Sun 12-6pm Come shop for fantastic Queens-made goods including food, apparel, art, and accessories! We hope to see you there! Resobox Gallery & Cafe, 41-26 27th Street, LIC
• The City is mulling over what to do with privately owned streets, most of which are in Brooklyn and Queens.
• For Sale – Ridgewood – Two family brick semi-detached home in Historic district! Home is in good condition with 6 rooms over 5. Full basement and yard. Asking $1,249,000 CB Kueber Realty 718-628-0100
• For Sale – Ozone Park - Mixed use property features fully renovated 5-room professional office on 1st floor and 2 bedroom renovated apt on 2nd floor. Asking $749,000 Eliot Hill Realty 718-672-4444
• Sold – Flushing – A one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment on Union Street for $159,000. Zillow.
• Volkswagon is investing $300 million in electric vehicle chargers across the United States.
• Uber drivers in New York may soon be allowed to receive electronic tips.
• Flushing – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Monarch Butterfly Workshop. Queens Botanical Gardens, 43-50 Main Street
• Bayside – 10 a.m. to Noon – Celebrate Earth Day @ The Castle. Bayside Historical Society, 208 Totten Avenue
• Astoria – 6 p.m. – Elected officials host an immigration town hall. P.S. 234, 30-15 29th St.