• Partly cloudy with a high of 40.
• Michael Flynn resigned as national security adviser amid scandal over his contact with Russia.
• President Trump will appeal the 9th Circuit Court’s ruling against his immigration and travel ban.
• Mayor de Blasio touted his accomplishments but failed to mention crucial issues in his annual State of the City address.
Housing Workshop with Queens Legal Services Wed Feb 15th 6pm For more info, call 718- 728-7820 Central Astoria LDC, 25-69 38th Street, Astoria
If you are interested in advertising in the Newsticker, click here.
• Hundreds of people attended the funeral for an Astoria EMS lieutenant, who died of 9/11-related cancer.
• A family dog mauled an elderly Astoria woman to death and bit her autistic son.
• A Queens man admitted to smuggling turtles through JFK Airport by labeling them as snacks.
• Queens Senator Jose Peralta was booted from his own Democratic club after switching to the rogue IDC.
• Nick Cannon wants to leave “America’s Got Talent” after being threatened with termination by NBC execs.
• Model Hannah Jeter and her husband Derek are pregnant with their first child.
• In 1972 Matchbox Twenty singer Rob Thomas is born in Landstuhl, West Germany
• The corruption cloud around Mayor de Blasio’s fundraising and subsequent legal bills just got darker, the Post says.
• The Daily News explains why it sides with those who wish to rename Yale’s Calhoun College.
In the Blogs
• Forest Hills Stadium will add new artists, including The Chainsmokers, to its lineup.
• Made in Queens in LIC will be hosting a pop-up shop this Valentine’s Day.
• The Nets (9-46) continued their losing ways against the Grizzlies, 112-103.
• The Rangers (37-18-1) edged the Blue Jackets, 3-2.
• The Islanders (25-19-10) head to Toronto to take on the Maple Leafs. Puck drops at 7:30 p.m.
Visit NYDiscountTickets.com for the best prices on sports, concerts & movies.
QEDC Legal Clinic Wed Feb 15th 5:30pm At this free legal clinic you will be able to sit down with lawyers and ask them for their expert advice. Seats are limited; RSVP today! Call 718-263-0546 to register. The Entrepreneur Sapce, 36-46 37th Street, LIC
• Construction is wrapping up on a five-story, 16-unit condo project in Astoria.
• For Sale – 807 Woodward Avenue, Ridgewood – Three family brick, 9 bedrooms, 3 bath total. Large basement w/ 2 entrances. Roof w/ separate entrance. New boiler. Asking $1,499,000 Capri Jet Realty 718-388-2188
• For Sale – Fresh Meadows - Upper level, 800 sq/ft 2 bedroom condo in convenient location. Attic for storage, parking & laundry on premises. Asking $528,000 Landmark International Real Estate 718-898-8300
• Sold – Laurelton – A five-bedroom, three-bathroom, 2,100-square-foot house at 141-38 224th Street for $669,000. Zillow.
• IBM created a new voice assistant called Hayvn to focus solely on cybersecurity.
• Apple’s next iPhone may have wireless charging. Here’s why.
• Astoria – 9:30 a.m. – Queens World Film Festival organizers unveil 2017 lineup. Museum of the Moving Image, 36-01 35th Ave.
• Bayside - 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – 16th Annual Bayside historical Society Art Show. 208 Totten Avenue
• LIC - 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Made in Queens Valentine’s Shop. 27-24 Queens Plaza South
• Woodside – 5 p.m. – Councilman Jimmy Van Bramer, local organizations rally against scammers pretending to be ICE agents. Roosevelt Ave. and 65th St.