• Periods of rain and a high of 49.
• Justice Department officials filed papers to reinstate President Trump’s travel ban.
• A missing Columbia University graduate was found dead on a hiking trail in Panama.
• State lawmakers are in the process of blocking the city’s plastic bag fee from being implemented.
Astoria Creatives Meetup Tues Feb 7th 7-10pm For those in the realm of all things creative. Swap stories, tricks of the trade, enjoy great local food, and gush over our favorite things about living in Astoria. Free! Q.E.D., 27-16 23rd Avenue, Astoria
If you are interested in advertising in the Newsticker, click here.
• The accused murderer of Karina Vetrano once told classmates he hated women and wanted to hurt them with a knife.
• Surveillance video shows two thieves robbing a Maspeth deli at gunpoint.
• Law students welcomed the arrival of an Iranian girl who needs surgery at JFK Airport.
• The Assembly passed a bill that would protect undocumented immigrants and make New York a sanctuary state.
• Democrats in the U.S. Senate are looking for one more vote to block Betsy DeVos’s nomination for Education Secretary.
• After her electrifying Super Bowl performance, Lady Gaga announced plans to kick off her world tour.
• Mandy Moore may get her wish. It appears the “A Walk to Remember” reunion is happening.
• In 1964 the Beatles arrive in New York
• In 1812 Novelist Charles Dickens is born in Portsmouth, Hampshire
• The Daily News lambasts Speaker Carl Heastie’s attempt to delay the city’s plastic bag fee.
• The Post criticizes CNN for keeping Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway off the air.
In the Blogs
• A Chase bank in Ridgewood was robbed last Friday.
• A garage on 73rd Street in Maspeth will be torn down.
• The Knicks (22-31) fell to the Los Angeles Lakers, 121-107.
• The Islanders (23-18-10) topped the Toronto Maple Leafs in overtime, 6-5.
• The Nets (9-42) head to Charlotte to face the Hornets at 7 p.m.
• The Rangers (33-18-1) welcome the Anaheim Ducks to MSG. Puck drops at 7 p.m.
Visit NYDiscountTickets.com for the best prices on sports, concerts & movies.
Valentine for Murder Sat Feb 11th 8pm A comedy murder mystery dinner show. $45 p/p. Call 718-721-7777 Riccardo’s, 21-01 24th Avenue, Astoria
• The city is presenting three scenarios for a mega-development over Sunnyside Yards.
• For Sale – Middle Village – Two bedroom, two bath 900 sq/ft condo w/ large terrace, washer/dryer in apt, short walk to train and PS128. Parking spot, no pets. Asking $538,000 Lou Pastorini @ Coldwell Banker Phillips 917-797-7567
• For Sale – Glendale – 942 sq/ft condo w/ two bedrooms, 2 full bath, large living room, 14′ ceilings and 8′ windows. Great sun-room, large backyard, rooftop deck & gym. Parking included. Asking $538,000 CB Kueber Realty 718-628-0100
• Sold – Glen Oaks – A two-bedroom, one-bathroom co-op at 264-01 Langston Avenue for $325,000. Zillow.
• A former NASA engineering is working to build flying cars for Uber.
• The LG G6 phone is reportedly coming to the United States in April.
• East Elmhurst – 8:30 a.m. – Queens Chamber of Commerce breakfast with Borough President Melinda Katz. LaGuardia Plaza Hotel, 104-04 Ditmars Blvd.
• Bayside – 12:15 p.m. – Yoga @ The Castle. Bayside Historical Society, 208 Totten Avenue
• South Ozone Park – 4 p.m. – Customs officials inspect stem-cut flowers for Valentine’s Day. American Airlines Building, JFK International Airport.
• Astoria - 7 to 10 p.m. – Astoria Creatives Meetup. Q.E.D., 27-16 23rd Avenue