The NYPA award-winning Morning Buzz: 20 top news items, 8 a.m. every day. 3 minutes & you’re a star at the water cooler.
Tuesday, July 22
• Partly cloudy with a high of 86.
• In the campaign against Hamas in Gaza, Israel finds they are between a rock and a hard place.
• A train carried most of the bodies from flight MH17 to a Ukraine-controlled city yesterday.
• The body of a business tycoon police believe to be responsible for the South Korean Ferry disaster was found decomposing in a field.
Juniper Valley Park 2014 Summer Concert Series – Tues. Jul 22nd 7PM Irish Night w/ Tommy Clyne “Rumor Has It”. FREE! Bring your lawn chair. 80th Street & Juniper Blvd North, Middle Village 718-651-5865
• A stroller carrying a two-year-old child rolled onto the subway tracks at the Parsons-Archer station in Jamaica yesterday.
• Philip Seymour Hoffman left his entire 21 million pound fortune to his girlfriend, not his children.
• Television Icon James Garner dies at 86.
• amNY says that the death of Eric Garner is a clear sign that a cultural change within the NYPD is necessary…
• …and the NY Times seems to agree.
• After a 5-2 loss to the Mariners yesterday, Mets will take another swing tonight at 10:10 p.m. in Seattle.
• Yankees suffered a 4-2 loss to the Rangers yesterday, and will face them again tonight at7:05 p.m. in the Bronx.
First Med Immediate Medical Services of Queens, P.C. – Open 24/7 – No Appt Necessary. Providing the best immediate medical care. Two locations: Flushing: 191-20 Northern Blvd 718-224-8855 & Glendale: 82-17 Woodhaven Blvd. 718-805-9581
• Latest News – The building at 78-19 Jamaica Ave. in Woodhaven that partially collapsedlast year will not be demolished.
• For sale – Fresh Meadows – Three-bedroom, two-bath, 1,300-square-foot condominium. Asking $459,000.
Crifasi Real Estate
• For sale – Cambria Heights – Three-bedroom, two-bath, single family detached brick home with a fully finished basement. Asking $298,900.
Crifasi Real Estate
• Sold – A two-bedroom, one-bathroom, 924 sq. ft. apartment at 11526 123 St. in Jamaica for $408,000.
• Apple orders 70-80 million handsets for its upcoming iPhone 6, which the company believes will be its most popular phone yet.
• Facebook introduces save feature so users can read posts of interest later.
• Jamaica - 10:30 a.m. Ifetayo Youth Ensemble Rufus King Park, Jamaica Ave @ 151st Street
• Breezy Point – 1 p.m. – Gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino, state comptroller candidate Bob Antonocci and former congressman Bob Turner call on Governor Andrew Cuomo to return $37 million in Superstorm Sandy relief funds used on television ads. 175 Ocean Ave.
• Flushing – 6:30 p.m. – Councilman Peter Koo attends the International Leadership Foundation Dinner. Mudan Banquet Hall, 136-17 39th Ave.
• Floral Park – 7 p.m. – Public Advocate Letitia James hosts a “Talk to Tish” community forum. North Shore Towers, 272-40 Grand Central Parkway.