The NYPA award-winning Morning Buzz: 20 top news items, 8 a.m. every day. 3 minutes & you’re a star at the water cooler.
Tuesday, April 15
Alternate side parking rules are suspended for today.
• Thunder showers with a high of 70.
• Ukranian leaders confirm a crackdown against Pro-Russian separatists is in progress.
• At least 15 are dead and 500 injured in the wake of a brush fire that spread over the port city of Valparaiso, Chile.
• After a five-day sob fest, Oscar Pistorius’ cross examination has come to an end.
Grand Florist – Send Easter flowers to the good eggs in your life. Shop Now! 65-37 Grand Avenue, Maspeth 718-326-1090 www.grandflorist.com
• It’s going down: The city will soon tear down one of Queens’ most notorious eyesores.
• Hundreds attended the funeral for Officer Dennis Guerra in Middle Village yesterday.
• Flava Flav pleads guilty to battery charges.
• Fargo TV series to debut today.
• Streetsblog EIC Ben Fried wonders if Vision Zero will be able to survive the editorial board of the New York Daily News.
• amNY supports bag charges citing environmental gains.
• Mets continue their series in Arizona against the Diamondbacks at 9:40 p.m. following a 7-3 win last night.
• Yankees to face the Cubs at 7:05 p.m. in a home game following a 3-2 win against the Red Sox on Sunday.
• Nets and Knicks face off in Brooklyn at 8 p.m., with both teams coming off of wins in their previous games agains the Magic and Bulls, respectively.
• Rangers to face the Philadelphia Flyers in the Stanley Cup playoffs on Thursday at 7 p.m. after a 1-0 loss against the Montreal Canadiens.
Mirror Mirror – We are a small, friendly boutique salon specializing in the latest hair, nail, waxing and makeup techniques. 68-78 76th Street, Middle Village 718-894-5394
• Latest News – Hudson Yards is to become NYC’s first quantified community.
• For Sale – Middle Village North – Two-family brick on 60×102 lot, walk to park, schools, express bus. Gas, heat. Asking $808,000
• For Sale – Kew Gardens – Sunny, spacious, two-bedroom, one-bathroom duplex with exceptional closet space, hardwood floors, and high, coffered ceilings. Near public transportation including E & F trains and express buses. Parking spaces available, pets welcomed. Virtual tour available on YouTube. Asking $225,000.
• Sold – Woodside – A four-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom, 2,106 sq. ft. home at 3016 69th St. sold for $730,000.
• Google will be selling Glass to the public for one day only today.
• Scientists in the Netherlands have developed a glow-in-the-dark highway that promises to save energy and lives.
• College Point – 12:30 p.m. – Senator Tony Avella to hold a press conference with College Point Senior Center Director Betty Farone and residents to announce allocation of funding to keep the center open. 23-38 College Point Blvd.
• Flushing – 2:15 p.m. – One Night in Frogtown theatrical performance. Flushing Town Hall, 137-35 Flushing Blvd.
• Woodside – 3 p.m. – Eco Jewelers workshop. Queens Library-Woodside Branch, 54-22 Skillman Ave.
• New Hyde Park – 6:30 p.m. – Hearing Loss Association of America Meeting. LIJ Hearing & Loss Center, 270-05 76th Ave.
• Richmond Hill – 7 p.m. – 102nd Precinct Community Council Monthly Meeting. Richmond Hill Library, 118-14 Hillside Ave.
• Astoria – 7 p.m. – Community Board 1 Monthly Meeting. 45-02 Ditmars Blvd. LL Suite 125.
• Jackson Heights – 7 p.m. – 115th Precinct Community Council Monthly Meeting. 92-15 Northern Blvd.
• Flushing – 8 p.m. – Ron Carter Quartet performance. Flushing Town Hall, 137-35 Northern Blvd.