Friday, February 28th
• Sunny, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -6
• A Connecticut man is suing Citibike for $15 million after a bike accident left him with out the ability to taste and smell.
• Ukrainian officials say that Russian backed troops have invaded and taken control of certain Ukrainian airports.
• The Egyptian army is taking heat for its claims of having the cure for AIDS and Hepatitis C.
APEC Wine Tasting Fundraiser Mon Mar 3rd 6:30-9:30PM 4 appetizers with 4 wine pairings, narrated wine presentation, Basket Raffle & 50/50. Babysitting services offered for participants. $65 per person. For more information and tickets, please call APEC at 718-229-4000. Papazzio Restaurant 39-38 Bell Blvd, Bayside
If you are interested in advertising on the Newsticker just click here
• The Queens Library’s Board of Trustees has already began looking into auditing their staff prior to the news that Queens Library president and CEO Tom Galante has received an estimated $392,000 annual salary.
• Singer Katy Perry helped deliver a newborn baby in her living room Wednesday night
• First lady Michelle Obama is set to make a cameo on the show ‘Parks and Recreation.’
• The NY Times says raising the minimum wage will help workers and businesses alike
• What is the best way to alleviate the homeless problem in the subway system?
• Islanders topped Toronto 5-6. Check the recap here.
• Rangers beat the Blackhawks 2-1. Check the recap here.
• Knicks fell to Miami. Check the recap here.
• Nets topped the Nuggets 112-89. Check the recap here.
Get the Best Prices for Sports, Concert and Event tickets atNYDISCOUNTTICKETS.COM.
Rockaway’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade Sat Mar 1st 1PM Parade starts at Beach 130thand travels along down Rockaway Beach Blvd.
• Latest news – Breather, a new online service, is offering customers in NYC hourly apartment rentals
• For sale – Woodhaven - Three-bedroom co-op with lots of closest space. Convenient location, close to train, shopping and Forest Park. Asking $215,000.
• For sale – Forest Hills – Great studio co-op for sale. Located in the Alderton. Efficiency kitchen, living area and bath. Low maintenance fees. Asking $109,000
CB Kueber Realty
• Sold - A four bedroom, three bath 1,390 sq ft home located at 23008 53rd Ave. in Bayside for $995,000
Arts and culture/Restaurant reviews
• Take a look at harmonica virtuoso Jiayi He, who came from China to make Forest Hills his new home.
• A new documentary about children with autisim will showcase at the annual NY ReelAbilities Festival at the Central Queen Y in Forest Hills.
Restaurant ABC’s – Elmhurst
Grade: A - House of Andy - 8622 Broadway.
Grade: B - La Gata Golosa - 8263 Broadway – Food not held at proper temperatures, Filth flies present.
Grade: Pending - Mi Otra Casa Rest Bar - Food not held at proper temperatures,Wiping cloths soiled or not stored in sanitizing solution, Plumbing not properly installed or maintained
• Jackson Heights - 9:30 a.m. – Councilman Daniel Dromm and State Senator Jose Peralta protest overflowing trash outside coffee shop. Starbucks, 37th Ave. & 79th St.
• Little Neck - 10:15 p.m. – State Senator Tony Avella presents proclamation to students and staff for designation at National Blue Ribbon School. PS 221, 57-40 Marathon Parkway
• Bayside - 1 p.m. – State Senator Tony Avella calls on city to reach an agreement with Willets Point tenant businesses. Avella’s District Office, 38-50 Bell Blvd., Suite C
• Flushing - 7 p.m. - ’13 Moons.’ Audiences will enjoy a performance of a unique blend of blues, folk and jazz, intertwined with tribal rhythms, language and storytelling, with the France-based Mezcal Jazz Unit band. Flushing Town Hall. 137-35 Northern Blvd.