Your 3 minute daily read on the M, 7 or J train at 8 a.m. 20 news items people will be talking about all day.
Thursday, March 20
• Cloudy with a high of 42.
• Ukraine has agreed to Russian takeover of Crimea.
• Al Qaeda’s magazine, Inspire, has called for car bombings in New York and several other cities.
• A homeless veteran baked to death in a Rikers Island jail cell.
MARCH for the Earth Sun Mar 23rd 10AM-1PM Celebrate Earth Day! Join us for a day of volunteering and unity, followed by a festival march to the Flushing Meadows Corona Park Unisphere. FREE! Advanced registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org Queens Botanical Garden 43-50 Main Street, Flushing
• A Queens teaching aide sexually assaulted a 14-year-old boy.
• Planned Parenthood will open its first Queens location in LIC next year.
• Police uncovered a large stash of guns, drugs and money in Sunnyside.
• Ghostbusters 3 will begin filming in NYC next year.
• After the suicide of L’Wren Scott, it was revealed that Mick Jagger was planning to settle down in a $10 million New York home.
• amNY wants to keep the DREAM Act alive.
• New York Observer calls on the MTA to correct the Metro North’s “deficient safety culture.”
• The Nets beat the Charlotte Bobcats 99-104 yesterday and will face the Boston Celticstomorrow night.
• The Knicks will travel to Philadelphia tomorrow to face the 76ers after a 86-92 win against the Indiana Pacers.
• The Rangers prepare to face the Columbus Blue Jackets tomorrow after an 8-4 win against the Ottawa Senators last night.
• The Islanders will take their turn against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Sunday after a 4-0 loss against the Minnesota Wild Tuesday.
National Life Group Leading financial service firm seeks a highly motivated individual as Financial Advisor for business development. Please email resume:email@example.com or call Bill Wang @ 718-866-8673. www.NationalLifeGroup.com
• Latest news- Politico’s CEO announced that Capital New York will be expanding into real estate coverage.
• For sale – A great starter home in Glendale. Three bedrooms, backyard has an above-ground pool and a tool shed. Close to schools. Asking $435,000.
• For sale – Detached one-family, well-maintained home. Three bedroom, one full bathroom. Features eat-in kitchen, full dining room, living room, enclosed porch. Attic for storage, clean basement, new roof, siding and updated windows. Private driveway. Asking $499,000
Coldwell Banker Keuber Realty.
• Sold – A one bedroom, one bathroom, 880 sq. ft. apartment home at 8419 51st Ave. sold for $214,000.
• Strict parenting has been linked to child obesity.
• NPR explores parenting in the age of apps.
• Corona - 10 a.m.- Press conference to announce Rep. Crowley’s legislation to increase access to affordable child care for hard-working families. The Child Center of NY, 34-10 108th Street.
• St. John’s University - 1:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.- St. John’s University Students, faculty and administrators to shave their heads to raise money for pediatric cancer at St. Baldrick’s Day event.
• Jackson Heights - 2 p.m. - Affordable Care Act and Small Business seminar hosted by the Queens Chamber of Commerce, Bulova Corporate Center, 75-20 Astoria Blvd., Suite 140.
• Kew Gardens - 5:30 p.m. - The Queens Interagency Council on Aging celebrates its 43rd anniversary at the Queens Community House, 80-02 Kew Gardens Rd.
• Forest Hills - 6 p.m. - Learn beginners Chinese with Lin San. North Forest Park Library. 98-27 Metropolitan Ave.
• South Ozone Park - 6:30 p.m. - Department of Transportation launches Jamaica Bay Greenway Planning Workshops. Knight of Columbus Hall, 135-45 Lefferts Blvd.
• East Elmhurst - 6:30 p.m. - Community District Education Council 30 Meeting. PS 329, 26-25 97th St.
• Flushing - 7 p.m. - Queens Quiet Skies presentation before the Kissena Park Civic Association. St Mary Nativity Church, Parsons Blvd. & 46th Ave.
• Jackson Heights - 7:30 p.m. - Community Board 3 Monthly Meeting. 82-11 37 Ave., Suite 606.
• Ridgewood – 7:30 p.m. – General meeting to discuss the 12th Annual Relay for Life benefit. Ridgewood Moose Lodge. 72-15 Grand Ave.
• Little Neck - 7:45 p.m. - Community District Education Council 26 Meeting. MS 67, 51-60 Marathon Parkway, Room B44A.