Afternoon Buzz: U.S. drops largest non-nuclear bomb on ISIS complex, Contractor arrested for allegedly starting Elmhurst fire
• The U.S. military dropped its largest non-nuclear bomb on an ISIS cave complex in Afghanistan.
• A protest held in the lobby of Trump Tower against the President’s immigration policies ended in 25 arrests.
• A Yonkers contractor was arrested for arson after he allegedly started a massive building fire in Elmhurst.
• An 84-year-old man was killed after he was struck by a van while crossing the street in Jamaica.
• The NYPD welcomed more than 470 new recruits during a swearing in ceremony in College Point.
• Northbound R and W trains are running express from Canal St to 34 St-Herald Sq due to NYPD activity at 23 St.
• E and F trains are running with delays after an earlier incident on Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.
Visit http://www.mta.info to keep track of subway service and delays.
• Delays on I-278 westbound from Exit 35 – I-495 Long Island Expressway to Exit 26 – Hamilton Ave.
• Delays on I-495 eastbound from Exit 17E – I-278 to Exit 31 – Cross Island Parkway
• Delays on Grand Central Parkway eastbound from Exit 10 – I-495 Long Island Expressway to I-678 – Van Wyck Expressway.
• Delays on I-678 southbound from 69th Rd; Ramp to Exit 4 – Liberty Ave.
• Delays on I-678 northbound from Rockaway Blvd to Exit 8 – Main St.
• Delays on Belt System – Southern Parkway eastbound from I-678- Van Wyck Expressway;Ramp to Springfield Blvd.
• Accident on I-278 westbound approaching Exit 26 – Hamilton Ave left and center lanes blocked.
• Delays on I-278 eastbound from Exit 30 – Flushing Ave to Exit 35 – I-495 Long Island Expressway.
• Delays on I-278 eastbound from Exit 24 – NY 27; Prospect Expressway Exit to Exit 28B – Brooklyn Bridge.
• Delays on I-278 westbound from 6th Ave to Fingerboard Road; Verrazano Narrows Bridge.
Visit https://www.511ny.org to keep track of traffic.
• The Mets are in Miami to start a four-game set with the Marlins at 7:10 p.m.
• The Yankees finish their home series against the Rays at 7:05 p.m.
What’s On TV Tonight
• Grey’s Anatomy (ABC, 8 p.m.) – Meredith and Nathan have to confront their feelings when they are stuck sitting next to each other on a plane.
• Scandal (ABC, 9 p.m.) – With the ugly truth of Frankie’s assassination revealed, a torn Olivia wonders how different her life—and the country—would be if she, Mellie and Cyrus had never rigged Fitz’s election.
• The Blacklist Redemption (NBC, 10 p.m.) – Scottie and Howard clash for control of Halcyon and the dangerous technology connected to Whitehall. Meanwhile, Tom duels with Mr. Solomon as a fateful choice is made.
Stream Picks of the Day
• Netflix: The IT Crowd Season 1 – The comedic adventures of a rag-tag group of technical support workers at a large corporation.
• Hulu: New Girl Season 2 - Taking a modern look at friendship and romance, breakout comedy New Girl returns for its sophomore season with all-new exploits of a smart, spirited and single young woman, her three male roommates and her beautiful best friend.
• Amazon Video: Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2 – Season Two finds Larry trying out a new job as a car salesman, crossing paths with a pro-wrestler, wagering with his pricey acupuncturist and finding trouble at a massage parlor, among other hilarious events.
• For Sale – Middle Village – Lovely brick 2 family, 2 bedrooms each apt, full finished basement, private yard, garage. Asking $1.125M Crifasi Real Estate 718-894-8700
• For Sale – Maspeth – Detached one family near schools and shopping. 3 bedrooms, LR, FDR, 2 full bath, EIK, driveway, private yard, porch. Asking $739,000 O’Kane Realty 718-779-1111
Local Eats of the Day
• Burger Club
Located at 32-02 30th Ave.
Enjoy their Burger Club Classic for $8.50.
• Corona – 7 p.m. – Members of the Queens community will gather to celebrate the opening of the newest NYRR Open Run site. Flushing Meadows Corona Park Queens, meeting at United Nations Ave. South, by the parking lot on 111th St. and 55th Ave.
• LIC – 7:30 p.m. – Dutch Kills Civic Assoc. Monthly Meeting. Growing Up Green Charter School, 39-37 28th St.
• Ozone Park - 7:45 p.m. – Community Board 9 Monthly Meeting. Majestic Marquise, 88-03 101st Ave.
Tech Tip of the Day
• Google Search: Search for specific types of files using Google, such as PDFs, PPTs, or XLS, by adding filetype: and the 3-letter file abbreviation.
Have a tech tip to share? Contact us at email@example.com.