Afternoon Buzz: MetroCard fares and tolls set to rise this weekend, Queens councilman gets mistaken for escort in phone mix-up
• A laptop with floor plans for Trump Tower and information on Hillary Clinton‘s email investigation has been stolen.
• Fares for unlimited MetroCards and bridge and tunnel tolls will rise this Sunday.
• Queens Councilman Eric Ulrich keeps getting calls for escort services on his cell phone.
• Cops are looking for a man who robbed a pregnant woman inside a building elevator.
• Police arrested a man in connection with a sexual assault inside a Queens beauty salon.
• Following an earlier incident at Fresh Pond Rd, M train service has resumed with delays.
• 7 Hudson Yards-bound trains skip 69, 52, 46, 40 and 33 Sts.
• Due to a sick passenger at Myrtle Av, Canarsie bound L trains are running with delays.
• N Astoria-bound trains run via the D from Stillwell Av to 36 St.
Visit http://www.mta.info to keep track of subway service and delays.
• Delays on Grand Central Parkway westbound between Exit 4 – I-278; West B-Q Expressway (New York) and START ROUTE Grand Central Parkway; I-278; Exit – 29th Street (New York).
• Delays on I-278 eastbound between Metropolitan Avenue; Williamsburg Bridge (New York) and Queens-Kings County Line; Koskuisko Bridge (New York).
• Delays on I-278 eastbound between RFK Bridge; Queens Leg (New York) and Bronx River Parkway (New York).
• Accident on Grand Central Parkway eastbound at Exit 11 – Jewel Avenue; Ramp (New York) right lane blocked.
• Misplaced tractor trailer on Grand Central Parkway eastbound approaching Exit 13 – I-678 – Van Wyck Expressway; Jackie Robinson Parkway (New York) right lane blocked.
• Delays on I-678 northbound between Linden Boulevard (New York) and Exit 8 – Main Street (New York).
• Delays on I-678 southbound between 69th Road; Ramp (New York) and Exit 4 – Liberty Avenue (New York).
• Delays on I-495 eastbound between 48th Street; Ramp (New York) and Exit 31 – Cross Island Parkway (New York).
• Accident on I-495 westbound just past Exit 29 – Springfield Boulevard (New York) left lane blocked.
• Disabled vehicle on Belt System – Laurelton Parkway southbound at South Conduit Avenue; Ramp (New York) right lane blocked.
Visit https://www.511ny.org to keep track of traffic.
• The Rangers (44-24-2) take on Florida at MSG. Puck drops at 7 p.m.
• The Nets (13-54) host the Celtics in Brooklyn at 7:30 p.m.
• The Islanders and Columbus skate in Brooklyn at 1 p.m.
• The Rangers are in Minnesota for a 7 p.m. contest with the Wild.
• The Nets are at home against Dallas in a noon matinee.
What’s On TV Tonight
• The Originals (CW, 8 p.m.) – On the fifth anniversary of Klaus’ defeat, Marcel is king of the city and welcomes the un-sired vampires to New Orleans, only to find they pose an unexpected threat to his rule, which leads him to seek counsel from an unlikely source.
• Grimm (NBC, 8 p.m.) – A mysterious portal takes Eve and Nick on a surprising journey. Meanwhile, an uneasy alliance is established when Capt. Renard is brought in to help and discovers this all may be connected to the person he cares for the most.
• Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives (FOOD, 9 p.m.) – Guy heads south of the border to Cancun, Mexico, visiting an authentic, family-owned spot where grandma cooks real-deal rellenos and chicharron gorditas. Then, he stops at an underground joint pairing urban art with pork and seared tuna.
Stream Picks of the Day
• Netflix: Iron Fist Season One- A young man is bestowed with incredible martial arts skills and a mystical force known as the Iron Fist.
• Hulu: The Goldbergs Season One – This ABC show takes place in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania in the 1980s and follows the lives of a family named The Goldbergs.
• Amazon Video: John Adams Season One – From HBO Films comes this Emmy(R)-winning, seven-part miniseries starring Paul Giamatti as John Adams, the Founding Father and 2nd President of the U.S who played a pivotal role in fostering the American Revolution and building a republic.
• OPEN HOUSE – Sat Mar 18th 1-3pm 55-19 Andrews Avenue, Maspeth Semi detached, 2 family w/ 3 bedrooms each apt. Semi finished basement, wood floors, 1 car garage, yard. 1st floor vacant on title. Asking $875,000 Crifasi Real Estate 718-782-4411
• OPEN HOUSE – Sun Mar 19th 1-4pm 57-15 69th Lane, Maspeth New Listing! Move in Ready Condo! Two large bedrooms, LR, Kitchen, 2 full bath, washer/dryer in unit on first floor. Must see! Asking $369,000 O’Kane Realty 718-779-1111
Local Eats of the Day
• Fame Diner
Located at 69-67 Grand Ave.
Enjoy their popular Fame Deluxe Appy or a Jumbo Cheeseburger.
• Flushing – 6 to 8 p.m. – Legal Aid Society: Know Your Rights! St. George’s Episcopal Church, 135-32 38th Ave.
• Flushing – 7 to 8:30 p.m. – Nocturnal Hike. Albert H. Mauro Playground, Park Dr. East & 73rd Terrace
• Middle Village – 8 p.m. – Something’s Afoot. Maggie’s Little Theater, 66-05 79th Pl.
• Astoria – 8 p.m. – Some Night. Ophelia Theatre, 21-12 30th Rd.
• Corona – 8 p.m. – Calpulli Mexican Dance company. Queens Theatre, 14 United Nations Ave. South
• Bayside – 8:30 p.m. – Wine, Women & Song. Theater by the Bay, 13-00 209th St.
• Queens – All Day Event – Queens World Film Festival
• Corona – 1 to 4 p.m. – Earth Day Celebration. Queens Museum, Flushing Meadows Corona Park
• Bayside – 1 to 2:30 p.m. – Women’s History Month Hike. Alley Pond Park, 46th Ave. & Cloverdale Blvd.
• Corona – 1:30 to 5 p.m. – Little Makers: Hand Sewing. NY Hall of Science, 47-01 111th St.
• Woodhaven – 2 p.m. – Coffee and Chat with State Senator Michael Gianaris. Avenue Diner, 91-06 Jamaica Ave.
• Astoria – 2 p.m. – Screening of The Age of Innocence. Museum of the Moving Image, 36-01 35th Ave.
• Middle Village – 2:30 p.m. – Something’s Afoot. Maggie’s Little Theatre, 66-05 79th Pl.
• Bayside – 3 p.m. – Wine, Women & Song. Theatre by the Bay, 13-00 209th St.
• Corona – 3 p.m. – Calpulli Mexican Dance Company. Queens Theatre, 14 United Nations Ave. South
• Bayside – 3 p.m. – Billy Porter in Concert. Queensborough Community College, 222-05 56th Ave.
• Kew Gardens – 3 p.m. – Celebration of the Life and Legacy of Helen Marshall. Borough Hall, 120-55 Queens Blvd.
• Astoria – 6 p.m. – Some Night. Ophelia Theatre, 21-12 30th Rd.
• Astoria – 7 p.m. – Screening of Gangs of New York. Museum of the Moving Image, 36-01 35th Ave.
Tech Tip of the Day
• Google Easter Egg: You can play the classic Atari Breakout on Google by searching Atari Breakout on Google Images.
Have a tech tip to share? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.